Saturday, August 1, 2009

Coffee ATCs



I like coffee. A lot! I actually went almost my entire life without touching the stuff, then about 3 years ago, I started to acquire a taste for hazelnut and vanilla creme. My mom says I am not a true coffee drinker because I only drink the girly flavored stuff. My dad is so against flavored coffees that I bring my own coffee maker to their shore house so I don't contaminate his coffee maker.

Well, amid the chaos of getting ready to goto the shore house, I decided to enter the Cuppa Joe swap at the last minute. I was finally inspired to make six cards. The steaming cup is carved out of styro, I used my brayer to role paint then I printed it on my paper. It was enhanced with watercolor crayons. The yellow card is printed on a piece from an old phone book showing coffee houses. The other two are painted with fluid acrylics and you can see a piece from my coffee bags collaged in.

Now I have to get all my swaps that I am hosting swapped out before the next trip to the Shenandoah Valley. I will be packing up my art supplies and hoping to get some time in each day to work on the art journal for the round robin swap. I should be inspired by the quiet and beauty of the 90 acre house on top of the mountain we are staying at!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to use an old phone book showing coffee houses as a background for this theme!

    ReplyDelete