Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tile Necklaces




Here is the results of another altered art swap - tile necklaces. The hostess of this swap warned that they are addictive and you can see, they are! The base is a bamboo tile that has been pre-drilled. The metallic one is a piece of art paper applied with my favorite gel medium. Jewelry wire and beads are wrapped around it. The butterfly one has a tissue paper/gel medium background, butterfly image and butterfly charm. Beads trim it out. "Dream" has a tissue/gel medium background with a scrap paper word applied. It is decked out in some very sparkly beads.

So far I have made ten of these. I have a few I am wearing, my swap partner received one and my mom got one for her birthday. I have not decided what to do with the overstock yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment