Sunday, March 1, 2009

Altered Spoon




This was a fun swap I participated in - an altered spoon. This is my third attempt. The first is a very nicely painted wooden spoon which is now on my wall. The second is a moon and stars sitting on my shelf. It turned out just fine, but I wasn't sure if it was too whimsical for my partner in this swap. The spoon I sent her is in the photo. It began with a thrift store gold tone spoon with floral motif on the handle. I added some vintage lace on the spoon part. The heart is made out of Model Magic and painted. The beads are fabric that has been stiffened with white glue and painted. I was very happy with these beads and have since made more for other projects. I added ribbons and funky yarn. One requirement of the swap was that the spoon have words. I duplicated the heart on card stock and wrote the following quote by Confucius "Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment